– We can’t hug? Can’t touch?
– Too close. It’s not safe. We still can talk through masks.
– So I drive three hours and that’s it?
– That’s love. The point is… listen. Find the balancing point between desire and friendship. Then sit with me. We’re close enough.
– And watch the sunset. With two lemonade glasses. Wait for dusk and twilight and stars.
– Think ahead, days and weeks and months.
– Make a wish for time to stand still until we find ourselves together.
– A wish on a promise, on an anniversary candle, a wish for the world.
– The stakes are high for us.